Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 7 Months!

As of 7.11.11, the boys are 7 months old! We celebrated by getting free slurpies at 7-11! (Well, not for the boys, but they came along for the ride.)


Here is what they are up to at the start of 7 months. (Note - this is pretty long and detailed...but I wanted to keep track so we can remember down the road.)


Jake


17 lb, 12 oz

27 " (I think, it is hard to measure a very squiggly baby.)

First tooth on 7.10.11 (or six months, 29 days...with a fever of 101)

Getting quite talkative..."Mmmba-da-da-DEE-da-da" is a common sentence lately. He is also becoming rather expressive with his babbling. Yes, I do realize that there is a lot of "da-da" in that sentence. Charlie has said it, too, though I'm sure it's just coincidence for now. We also hear "Ahm-ma" a lot, but only when he is upset. So, we'll chalk that up to coincidence, too. :)

Still sucks his thumb.

Sitting up unassisted, though usually surrounded by a pillow (or two) in case of a tumble.

Thinking about pulling up to standing, and has tried a few times, but not quite figured it out yet.

Can stand with hands on couch for support for a few seconds up to about 30 seconds.

Wants to feed himself already! He does great with a spoon (fed by mom or dad), but will often start reaching for "invisible" pieces of finger food as if to say, "Hey, Mom and Dad, I want to try!" So, we've let him try with a few bits, and he's managed to feed himself a few pieces of avocado, banana, mango, and even a few Cheerio's and sweet potato puffs. He also likes to sneak a sip from a certain water bottle I often drink from while nursing. He'll open wide for a little squirt of water. Basically, this kid loves food. So much so, that one of his little friends from church says she can tell the two of them apart because of Jake's cheeks. She said, "I can put carrots in my cheeks, and I'll look like Jake!" I love it! :)

Needs lots to explore. He seems to get bored easily, so he keeps me on my toes.



Charlie


15 lbs, 2 oz

26 1/2 " (Again, hard to measure with arms and legs flailing!)

Still flashing that gummy smile all the time. I often hear people say, "Oh, look at that smiley baby!" when we are out in public. (This is quite a change from a few months ago. Yay, for a happy little Charlie!)

Has become our little cuddle buddy. He also likes to hold or rub something soft as he falls asleep - lately it has been mom's hair, a blankie, or a favorite "lovie," such as the puppy from Great-Grandpa George.

Also loves his paci...a lot. Staring to have visions of him at 12 with a pacifier. (Ok, it's not really that bad, but the boy loves his binkie.)

Still very chatty most of the time. The latest sound is a cross between a "Cuh" and "Guh." Also, clicks his tongue, blows raspberries, and rolls his "r's"...yes, it's pretty impressive since I could never do that in Spanish class! He is becoming quite the little vocal percussionist.

Has just started sitting up "almost" unassisted. A little help is all he needs, and it won't be long at all! He even looks to be close to "graduating" from Physical Therapy. He has been working very hard!

Just started holding two blocks (one in each hand) and banging them together.






Both Boys

Eating

Oh, what fun this has been in the last month! We are moving to solids, and loving them for the most part. The boys are "weaned" down to "only" 5 nursing sessions a day, and they currently eat a meal at breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is usually a fruit and oatmeal and dinner is a veggie with rice cereal. Their culinary experience so far has included apples, pears, mango, banana, sweet potato, green beans, peas, and avocado. Jake has also started some plain yogurt, but Charlie seems to be sensitive to dairy at this point, so for now, we will hold off on this. Oh, and we are big fans of Cheerio's and sweet potato puffs, too!


Sleeping

Nighttime sleeping is going okay. Jake is still pretty consistently sleeping through, with the exception of a night or two during teething. Charlie also does, but will often "request" his pacifier at, say, 2:00 AM or so. Over the monitor, we usually hear something like, "Mom or dad, I'm sorry to bother you, but I woke up and cannot find my paci. Could I trouble you to get out of bed and find it for me? I promise I'll go right back to sleep!" Ha, right...just like that! Oh, and we are still early risers (5:30ish), but now (usually) go back to bed after our morning feed session. Wake up is now around 7:00, which is much better!

Naps are GOOD right now. I am enjoying it while it lasts! They both usually nap in their cribs at about 9:00ish and 1:00ish. They both sleep for about 1-2 hours. Yay! Also, we are trying to phase out the third nap, but still need it sometimes.

Other

They both seem to love Bandit, but Jake seems especially captivated with the dog. It's pretty cute. He smiles at him, watches him, and often reaches out to pet him...only to then grab a big wad of fur. I'm sure the dog is sooo thrilled. :)



"Here, Teddy, it's hot outside. I think you will be more comfortable with this thing off."

"No, Teddy, I think you had better leave it on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment